DISCLAIMER: This page contains some affiliate links, which means I receive commission if you make a purchase hosting using my affiliate link! I promise that anything I write here is my own, honest opinion. I would never recommend anything I don’t use or love myself. I’m so grateful for your support.
- Widgetized home page for a flexible layout
- Large hero area for featured posts
- WooCommerce ready so you can add your own products and/or affiliate links
- Upload your own logo and favicon, or simply type in your blog title to match the default styling
- Flexible grid archive options in Customizer
- Optional grid option for Blog page
- 3 layout styles for any post or page: sidebar/content, content/sidebar and full width
- Areas for ads: primary sidebar, after entry widget, footer widgets
- Custom Featured Posts widget with flexible options on the homepage
- Styled related posts + sharing icons at the bottom of post page
- Built in color customizer – easily change colors to match your branding
- Option to replace home top featured images with your own images
- 3 footer widget areas
- full width Instagram feed widget area
- Adds a Heart This button on posts
- Styled subscription area in sidebar and/or footer, compatible with Jetpack’s subscription widget or Genesis eNews
- HTML5 Markup + Mobile Responsive
- Built in “read more” button
- Sticky, responsive top navigation menu
- Primary & Secondary navigation support
- Styled headings & ordered lists
- Custom 404 & search results page
What do I need to make this theme work?
You will need a self hosted blog with WordPress installed. Need hosting? I’m in love with Bluehost and their easy, one-click WordPress install. To learn more on how to start a blog, visit my how to start a blog page.
While not all are required to make the theme work, I recommend installing the following plugins for full functionality:
- Jetpack – for contact form, related posts section on single post page & subscribe by email
- Genesis eNews Extended (if you’re using an email service like mailchimp)
- Simple Social Icons
- Genesis Simple Share
- WooCommerce & Genesis Connect WooCommerce
- Regenerate Thumbnails
- Heart This
- Instagram Slider
What size should my logo be?
Your header/logo size should be 950 × 300 pixels. You can upload your logo in the Customizer > Header Image. If you don’t have a logo yet, you can simply type in your blog name and it will match the default styling.
Note: You’ll need to upload a logo sized at 950 x 300, but it will appear half the size at 475 x 150. This is because retina screens need a double resolution to look crisp & pretty. While this logo area may appear to be a little small, it is optimized for placement on all screens, including mobile devices.
How large should my images be?
You’ll need to make sure that your featured images are at least 1100 x 745 pixels. All other images should be at least 1100 pixels wide.
How does the “read more” button work?
If you are using excerpts on the archive pages, blog page, or in the Featured Posts widget, the “Read More” button will appear automatically. You can turn off the Read More button on the blog page by going to Customize > Content Archives > choose Display Entry Content. You can also manually add the MORE tag wherever you want in the post when displaying full content.
Can I use the grid on the blog page?
Yes! Simply choose “Enable Grid Layout” when creating your blog page.
I don’t want a shop. Is that okay?
Totally! If you don’t want a shop, simply don’t install WooCommerce.
Do I need to have the home page widget areas? I just want the blog page to be the home page.
Nope! By default, the blog page IS the home page. The home page is widgetized and ONLY activated when widgets are placed inside the Home Top and Home Bottom areas. So remove any widgets from these areas if you just want to display the blog loop. If you want your blog page to be the home page, but you ONLY want the top and/or middle widget area to show, then simply don’t add anything to the “Home Bottom” widget area.
If I purchase, will you help me if i get stuck or have more questions?
Can you install and set up the theme for me?
I’m your girl! Check out my service packages.